Wednesday, May 23, 2007

you a.r.e.

You are
Like sunshine I could actually stare at
For moments that lasted longer than lifetimes
In your eyes I could see a semblance of what could only have been family
Ours
You are
That burning spot in the recesses of my heart
Still aflame and raging wildly
Never a memory to just remain dormant
You are
Fanning the flames without trying
Standing outside the range of my peripheral but still standing there
Burning images into my retinas when eyes close
You are
The sunshine I stared at too long
Basked in too casually
This was nothing as simple as a game but we kept playing
So I’ll play the shoe, stepping too harshly on our delicate balance
I took my powerful step for granted and tread too much
You be the racecar
Speeding away from the echoing of my footsteps
Too fast to catch up with
You are
Gone without even so much as tire marks burned into concrete so I could follow
So I wander
Through the days smiling at the sunshine that won’t warm me as much as yours did
I am
Not broken, but definitely bruised deeply
Purple black painted over with a smile so bright
It’s almost infectious
Like my memories of you have become
It hurts so magnificently because I don’t have to shut my eyes to remember how beautiful

you are

No comments: